VIDAACTIV Long Foam Rollers
Self-myofascial release, also known as “foam rolling”, has been used by many professional athletes, coaches and therapist to a everyday practice in all aspect of fitness eg: Gyms, Personal Training Studios, Clinics, Pilates and more.
Foam Rolling is essentially a simple and effective way to give yourself a deep tissue massage and myofascial release. By slowly rolling over various areas of your body, you will help break-up adhesions and scar tissue and facilitate healing and recovery of soft tissues.
- With each foam roller exercise – roll slowly back and forth over the painful or stiff area of the muscle for between 30-60 seconds. You may well feel the trigger points themselves as small, sensitive bumps – focus your attention on rolling directly over these spots.
- Avoid rolling over any bony areas (knees, ankles, hip bone etc)
- To release particularly troublesome trigger points and tight muscles try to roll these areas two to three times a day
While there are many different foam rolling exercises, here is a list of the best exercises targeting the largest muscle group in the body that are especially prone to developing trigger points.
The ideal body parts for this product include:
- Iliotibial Band (ITB)
- Lumbar Extensors
- Upper Back (Thoracic Spine)
- Lower Back (Lumbar Spine)